We ask all our clients to enter into this undertaking & agreement with us because we have to be highly reliant on the information given to us by each client in providing the services we offer. This information is central to the crucial consideration of safety. For these reasons & also the very fact it is a personal service, we have to ask each individual driver (even in a group booking) to make a personal commitment.
DECLARATION & AGREEMENT
In consideration of my being permitted to undertake the activities arranged by CAT Driver Training Ltd. on:
1. I hereby declare as follows:-
(a) I am in good health;
(b) My eyesight is up to the standard required for a Department of Transport Driving Test*; and
(c) I am not suffering from epilepsy or haemophilia or any other illness or disability (nor am I taking any medication**) that might make it unsafe for me to drive a motor vehicle or operate equipment as part of CAT Driver Training Ltd. activities.
2. I accept that CAT Driver Training Ltd. will not test my fitness or ability to drive any motor vehicle or to operate any equipment associated with its activities but instead will rely on my own judgement of my fitness & ability. I fully understand therefore that I am fully responsible for the consequences of my own self-assessment.
3. I accept that as part of CAT Driver Training Ltd. activities I will be undergoing instruction & using motor vehicles & equipment which can involve potential danger or injury. I agree that in participating in such activities I willingly undertake the incidence of such risks.
4. I accept that although CAT Driver Training Ltd. does not seek to exclude its liability for death or personal injury resulting from CAT Driver Training Ltd. negligence or that of its respective officials, servants, representatives & agents, CAT Driver Training Ltd. will not be responsible for any damage to my property or for death, injury or loss which results from the negligence of others. Furthermore, I recognise that I must have regard to the safety of others & act in a safe & responsible manner, acknowledging that, if as a result of my negligence others suffer damage to property, death or injury, I may be held responsible.
The above Indemnity Conditions will not affect your statutory rights if you are dealing with us as a Consumer (as defined in the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977).
* Laws RTA 1988 sect 96 & MV(DL)R reg 40 & sch 8
You MUST be able to read a vehicle number plate from a distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet – about five car lengths) in good daylight. From September 2001, you MUST be able to read a new style number plate from a distance of 20 metres (66 feet). If you need to wear glasses (or contact lenses) to do this, you MUST wear them at all times whilst driving. The police have the power to require a driver, at any time, to undertake an eyesight test in good daylight.
** Law RTA 1988 sect 4
You MUST NOT drive under the influence of drugs or medicine. Check the instructions or ask your doctor or pharmacist. Using illegal drugs is highly dangerous. Never take them before driving; the effects are unpredictable, but can be even more severe than alcohol & may result in fatal or serious road accidents.