Prepare to react instinctively to identify, manage & recover from understeer & oversteer.
- Stretch you to go beyond your comfort zone in safety
- Experience & explore a vehicle way beyond the Yaw angles experienced on a track day.
- Become comfortable with a vehicle driven beyond its limit of adhesion
- Instill recovery techniques
Master over limit handling & learn the drifting secrets with ultimate drifting control – if this is your objective. You will understand & practice the building blocks of controlling a vehicle at & beyond its limit of adhesion.
Watch our slow motion drift video below to see the ultimate drift in action or scroll down for further information.
Learn our Drifting Secrets & Master Total Car Control
Driving a vehicle on a track day means you may occasionally exceed its limit of adhesion. It could be raining or damp, you may push too hard, or misjudge your speed. If small errors are made, it’s imperative you can recover the situation.
Learn to react intuitively in those moments when grip is finite & subconscious control inputs are necessary.
- Figure of Eight Long, with braking weight transfer exercise
- Figure of Eight Short, with braking weight transfer exercise
- Oversteer/Understeer correction & recovery
- Trail Braking vs. Vehicle Rotation
- Drifting a 180 degree Turn
- Over Grip Limit Recovery Techniques
- Vehicle Rotation
- Lift Off Oversteer
- Roll Oversteer
- Weight Transfer
- How Tyres Grip the Road
- Grip Limit Identification
- Pendulum Effect
- Safety Critical Vehicle Dynamics Briefings
Unique CAT drifting secrets explored by You.
Unrivalled stellar dedicated instruction & coaching, time in car & course content.
You will now be confident and prepared for driving in all conditions on any circuit.
This drifting & over grip limit handling course is truly unique. This level of dedicated instruction in drifting, time in car & course content is only provided by the CAT instructors in the UK. So strong is our reputation for improving your limit handling skills our clients have travelled from as far afield as Russia and New Zealand to attend.
Due to the accelerated mechanical wear when using a vehicle for drifting, CAT recommends you use the CAT Caterham for this particular training course.
Location: Millbrook Proving Ground
0.5 Day = 09:00-12:00 or 14:00-17:00 = 3 hours Coaching = 2 hours Driving
Delegate to Instructor Coach Ratio ONE TO ONE
Price: CAT Caterham £700 (Caterham)
Delegate to Instructor Coach Ratio TWO TO ONE = 1 hour driving time pp
Price: CAT Caterham £395 pp (Caterham)
Minimum/maximum height 5 ft 0/6 ft 4 Maximum weight of 18 stone