Explore your performance cars dynamic limits at our Millbrook home
Apply your new knowledge, technique & understanding to transform your road driving in the afternoon.
Intelligently structured, your advanced driver course will embed CAT’s 5 key pillars for low risk enjoyable performance car driving:
- Vehicle dynamics
- Car control
- Human factors that affect a safe journey
- Road network negotiation
- The reason for your journey
A true understanding of you & your cars capabilities
The Advance Control driving course introduced CATDT client Christian to a greater sense of safety when handling his sports car. Find out how in the video below.
Explore & Develop
- Advanced braking techniques: ABS; 3 Stage; Threshold; Trail
- Effective scanning & observation
- Minimised control inputs
- Precision steering
- A safe & systematic car control system
- A methodical approach to process information, apply observation & anticipation
- Driving dynamics – incorporate into every drive
Discover & learn how to
- Translate intentions & thoughts into action – manoeuvre your vehicle accurately and smoothly at higher speeds than the Highway Code allows
- Optimise confidence, safety & stability at speeds in excess of 100 mph
- Negotiate hazards in a safe systematic method, leaving nothing to chance
- Manage human factors & driving emotion
- Position for “best possible view” – promote optimum dynamic balance & tyre grip at circuit speed
- Manage the dynamic forces involved when cornering at circuit speed
- Active & passive driver aids – the technical & practical aspects
- What factors affect a vehicle’s ability to corner
- Your individual vehicle dynamic characteristics with the CAT qualified dynamic experts
- How to use the Limit Point – a perception tool helping you accurately negotiate corners & bends
Reduce vehicle maintenance costs using CAT’s unique dynamic driving know-how
Look at the effect correct braking & observational techniques have on making progress safely.
Take away a systematic approach to cornering, enabling you to manage & maintain optimum safety with pace.
Perfectly placed to cross county borders, the challenging variety provided by the roads across Beds/Bucks/Herts/Northants will meet your personal road driving objectives.
Our Trustpilot reviews demonstrate & confirm how our dual-venue advanced driver course builds confidence with a safe, systematic driving process. Maximise driving enjoyment while protecting your investment.
One word review – epic!
Read more 5 star reviews
Having bought a decent real wheel drive car with plenty of power, I decided that rather than throw money at the car, making changes I don’t understand, I’d spend the money on myself and improving what is a very important life skill…
I think I possibly learnt more in one day that I’ve ever learnt before and the skills are relevant to all driving and can be practised daily. On the way home, I drove the ‘long way’ just to practise and feel the difference in the attitude of the car…
A whole new world of driving
BMW driver, Harry used the advanced driving course as the first step to a future career in driving. Find out what he had to say in the video below.
Advanced Control Driving Course Details
Full Day: 8 hours coaching | 5.5 hours driving
Delegate to Coach Ratio: One to One
Location: Millbrook Proving Ground (3 hours) & Public Highway around Beds/Bucks/Herts/Northants
Price: Your Car £900 | CAT Vehicle £1280 (Astra/Jaguar/Subaru/350z)
Lunch & refreshments included
Do you have a particular requirement or technique you would like to focus on? All our training courses are ALWAYS tailored to YOUR objectives & YOUR car.
Contact Jo & Lynne to discuss your advanced driving course objectives and book your bespoke training course. Call us on 01234 757633 or email using the button below.Get in touch