“I am the Senior Instructor at CAT Driver Training and have worked for Colin and Jo since 2008. I coach Motor Industry Engineers and individual customers in Roadcraft and Track craft.
I’m an electrical engineer by trade and have moved throughout a number of industries ranging from Plastic Moulding to Commercial Refrigeration, from Building Heat Rejection Systems to Eurofighter Typhoon Ground Support systems.
I started my career on the tools and moved on through the years until finally becoming a Business Manager for Johnson Controls. I was responsible for the training and mentoring of young engineers throughout my later career and always found it rewarding to watch them develop.
I am a bit of a petrol-head and was the UK ALFA Romeo SZ register secretary for a number of years. I have owned an ES30 SZ and numerous other ALFA Romeo’s. The feel of a well-balanced car and its reaction to my inputs has always been at the forefront of my mind when I drive, I just need to feel connected and ALFA has always offered that to me.”
- A Grade (no drop scores) Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor (Car)
- A Grade (no drop scores) Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency Approved Fleet Trainer
- RoSPA Approved Fleet Driver Trainer (RoADA DIP)
- Member Institute Advanced Motorist
- LANTRA 4 x 4 Off Road Driving (Experienced)
- BTEC Level 4 Professional Award in Coaching for Driver Development
- Driver Psychology & Behaviour 2 day Study with Dr Lisa Dorn at Cranfield University
- Member ROSPA Advanced Motorists Gold Award
- RoSPA Advanced Driver Tutor training officer (Bedford)
- EDEXCEL BTEC Level 3 Diploma (Advanced Driver Trainer)
- EDEXCEL BTEC Level 4 Diploma (Business Management)
- SKID Car Instructor (Authorised by Skid Car UK)
- Motor Schools Association Registered ADI (Car)
- DIA Registered ADI (Car)
- Motorsport UK Member & National “B” ARDS Licence holder
- Millbrook Proving Ground permit holder
- IOSH Certificate in Health & Safety Management