The CAT Driver Training website is an online information and communications service. By using this site, booking a training course or downloading materials from the site, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth in this notice. If you do not agree to them do not use the site or download any materials from it.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- A booking will be made in your name upon receipt of a 50% non-refundable deposit. The deposit will be paid by bank transfer, debit or credit card. Itinerary and joining instructions will be sent to you by post or email to the address you provide.
- The balance of the fee is due and payable 5 working days prior to participation on your chosen course date.
- Application to join a course day may be made by phone or email by those holding a CAT Driver Training Ltd Gift Voucher. Please state your voucher number and date of issue. The original voucher MUST be produced at the commencement of the course day. Please do not arrive expecting to redeem your gift voucher without first obtaining a booking confirmation letter or number from CAT Driver Training Ltd. Vouchers are valid for the period stated at the date of issue or for the duration of the special offer if applicable. Gift vouchers or gift voucher bookings cannot be redeemed for cash. Non attendance on the course day without prior agreement will result in the cancellation of the Gift Voucher.
- Applications to cancel bookings must be made at least 21 days prior to the course day. The 50% deposit is as stated non refundable. No refund will therefore be given for this initial payment. If however the balance has been paid upfront then this will be refunded in full if the application is made at least 21 days prior to the course date. If such application to cancel is made less than 21 days prior to the course date, then the course may be taken by another party to be nominated by you so long as the balance owing for the course has been paid in full.
- Applications for transfer of course days to another date must be made at least 14 days before the course date. An administration fee of £50.00 will be charged for arranging the transfer.
- In the event of your non attendance on the course day, the entire fee will be forfeited.
- We reserve the right to modify or cancel the course at our sole discretion, in which event either a full refund will be made to you, or an alternative date will be offered. It is agreed that this shall be the full measure of damages due to you in the event of cancellation and is accepted as being reasonable.
- If at short notice, for reasons outside of our control it is not possible to run the event i.e. extreme weather such as snow, fog and heavy ice; Millbrook closure, training will be rescheduled at no cost to participating individuals. Any travel, hotel or other expenses incurred by the participants in attending a course that is cancelled in these circumstances will not be reimbursed by CAT Driver Training.
- In the event of mechanical problems arising with a CAT provided training vehicle, we will endeavour to ensure that substitute cars are available for your use. Should this not be possible, you will be offered either a part/full refund or an alternative date as set out in Clause 8 above.
- Where you wish to train in your own vehicle, it is your responsibility to provide a road worthy car that holds a valid MOT and tax, with fully working driver and passenger seat belts, with adequate tyre tread depth, oil and fuel and that is mechanically sound. In the event of mechanical problems arising with the use of your own vehicle provided by you for your training activity, we will endeavour to continue your course using a CAT Driver Training vehicle. This will be provided at extra cost payable on the day. If this is not possible your training will cease with no part or full refund provided.
- Due to the nature of Millbrook and Bruntingthorpe Proving Grounds – both motor industry testing facilities – there is no insurance provided on circuit. You will sign a Disclaimer acknowledging you are aware your own vehicle is not insured and are proceeding on this basis.
- You must be in good health. You are required to advise of any medical condition or disability which might affect or be affected by your participation e.g. bad back or heart condition. Those with a medical condition should consult their doctor before participation. You will be required to sign to declare your fitness to drive upon arrival for your training course.
- Height and weight restrictions may apply for driving some CAT Driver Training vehicles.
- All drivers must be able to operate a manual gearbox if using a CAT provided vehicle.
- All drivers must be over 17 years of age and hold a full driving licence.
- You will be required to sign a Declaration of Indemnity in the form annexed. You will also be required to confirm by demonstration that your eyesight is up to the standard required for a Department of Transport Driving Test. In the event that you are under 18 years of age, the signature of your parents or guardian will also be required.
- We reserve the right to prevent your participation on the course day if we have reasonable grounds to consider that you are possibly unfit to drive for reasons of health or consumption of alcohol and/or drugs. Breathalysers may be used if there is any doubt.
- Your Instructor has the ultimate decision regarding safety. If a trainee drives in a manner that the Instructor considers to be dangerous and does not respond to instruction or warning, the Instructor WILL terminate the training day without compensation to the trainee.
- You may, if it is relevant to the course you are undertaking, should you so wish, be accompanied by third parties. This must be stated at the time of booking if this is a requirement. For Health & Safety purposes, they will not be allowed to sit in car with you during training activity. In the event that you are accompanied by third parties on the course day, it is a condition of admission that they also shall sign the Declaration of Indemnity. A fee shall be payable for each person in respect of refreshments, lunch and insurance.
- Third Party Public Liability Insurance is provided in respect of your course day.
- Where the appropriate course fees are paid, we will provide suitable vehicles for your use.
- You will be provided with safety equipment, if appropriate, which must be worn in the car at all times.
- Refreshments will be provided for you on the course day at no additional cost. Lunch is provided for the driver on full day training activities.
- Contracts formed between CAT Driver Training Ltd. and CAT Driver Training Events Ltd. and users shall be governed in all respects by English law and all such users hereby submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
CAT Driver Training assumes no responsibility for material created or published by third parties that the CAT Driver Training website link to. If you decide to visit any linked site you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all measures against viruses or other destructive elements. Links to not imply that CAT Driver Training sponsors or is affiliated with any entity whose products or services are described thereon.
The contents of the CAT Driver Training website are Copyright © 2005/9 CAT Driver Training Limited. All rights reserved. Part or all of the contents of the CAT Driver Training website cannot be copied, reproduced, transferred, uploaded, published or distributed in anyway without CAT Driver Training prior written permission, except that CAT Driver Training consents to you storing on your computer or printing copies of extracts from these pages for your personal use only. The logos displayed on this website are the property of CAT Driver Training and its affiliates. They cannot be used on a website other than the CAT Driver Training website without the prior written consent of CAT Driver Training. The CAT Driver Training name cannot be incorporated into an Internet Address without the prior written consent of CAT Driver Training.
The information provided on this website is provided in good faith and CAT Driver Training believes it to be accurate. However, a party wishing to purchase goods should not rely on it and should make specific enquiry concerning the nature of the goods and their suitability for the use to which they will be put. Accordingly, all information on this website is supplied without any express warranty, condition or other term as to the quality of any specified goods, their suitability for any particular purpose or non-infringement of any intellectual property rights, and all implied warranties, conditions or terms of the same kind are hereby expressly excluded. CAT Driver Training will not under any circumstances be liable for any loss of income, profit, business, contracts or goodwill or any indirect or financial loss suffered by a party, whether arising in contract, negligence or otherwise. The information on this website may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. CAT Driver Training may also make improvements and/or changes in the produces described in this website without notice.
Copyright © 2005/19 CAT Driver Training Limited